Friday, November 20, 2009

What Happened to Thanksgiving?


Thanksgiving is fast approaching. It seems to me we tend to overlook Thanksgiving. Even before Halloween is over the Christmas items come out in stores and commercials on the TV are all about Christmas. What about Thanksgiving? When I was a kid it just didn't seem that way. Everything seemed to move slower. We took time to enjoy simple things, such as family, friends, food and the weather. I miss that! We are so far from our family so we don't always make it back to MO for Thanksgiving. This year we are volunteering at our church on Thanksgiving delivering meals to those who might not have a Thanksgiving meal otherwise. Kara and Makayla will go their way. Noel and family will go their way. Holidays make me nostalgic and I think about the past and all those who have passed on. I can close my eyes and see just as clearly as if it were yesterday the sights, sounds and smells of those Thanksgivings long gone. So if your reading this, slow down, take some time just to be thankful for this time of year and how blessed we are as a nation and have a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment